Current Career Opportunities
Conference Center Switchboard Operator (7/3/18): The Sisters of the Humility of Mary are seeking a full-time Conference Center Switchboard Operator for the Villa Maria Campus. This position is responsible for processing incoming calls, assisting sisters, visitors, staff, and guests with phone questions and issues, and serves as a professional and welcoming presence in the Conference Center greeting all visitors. Position offers benefits such as health insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan. High school diploma or GED required. Candidate must have excellent communication skills. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Receives phone calls and transfers to appropriate recipient
- Maintains daily switchboard sign out sheet to be given to the evening operator
- Assists residents and guests in placing calls as needed
- Welcomes visitors, requests they sign the Visitors’ Log, provides them with a visitor’s badge and directs them to the appropriate area or individual
- Serves as phone system administrator for the Villa: changes and programs phones to suit the individual needs of the user; answers questions and provides help with usage of phones and voice mail; sets up voice mail boxes and provides access codes; receives reports of problems and contacts vendors as needed; maintains records of problems and changes for vendors
- Performs office duties including typing, data entry, collating, stapling, folding and filing as time allows.
- Monitors the key control system and distributes keys as needed
- Processes room reservations for bedrooms and meetings rooms; produces and distributes Daily Guest Room Report
Manager, Facilities Services (6/11/18): The Sisters of the Humility of Mary are seeking a working manager that oversees the daily assignments and operations of the maintenance department. Responsibilities include but not limited to: assisting maintenance staff on projects as needed, training and orienting personnel, collaborating in planning and operating preventative maintenance program, serving as point-of-contact for contractors, responding to emergency conditions and call outs to maintain critical operations as necessary. Qualified candidates will have a strong general maintenance background with skills in steam and chilled water mechanical systems, electro-mechanical equipment, electricity, HVAC, and plumbing. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a supervisory position preferred. High school diploma required. Position includes health benefits, vacation time, and retirement plan.
Health Services Staff: We are always in need for per-diem (as needed) RNs, LPNs and Nursing Assistants to care for our Sisters. We are looking for compassionate individuals who will thrive in a person-centered care environment while providing 24-hour health care to the Sisters. Depending on position, duties include: assessing, developing and implementing individualized nursing care plans, assisting our Sisters with various activities of daily living, and providing personal care. Candidates must hold a Pennsylvania license as an RN or LPN. Candidates for CNA/STNA must have achieved certification in PA or Ohio. Must be willing to work all shifts as needed.
To apply for available positions, e-mail your resume and a completed application (click on PDF below) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, PO Box 711, Villa Maria, PA 16155
Compensation and benefits packages may vary by job type, full-time or part-time status and SHM organization, but all include these basic components:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Eligible for Diocese of Youngstown Federal Credit Union
Sisters of the Humility of Mary Employees’ Core Values
HOSPITALITY: Approaches sisters, apartment residents, guests and employees with an attitude of welcome. Offers service with generosity and a sincere desire to be of assistance. Recognizes needs of individuals and takes the initiative in responding to them.
EXCELLENCE: Uses knowledge and expertise to provide quality service according to established timelines. Organizes work and functions in an accountable manner and offers suggestions for improvement. Demonstrates confidence and competence in fulfilling responsibilities.
APPRECIATION: Affirms others through a compassionate spirit and upholding the dignity of each. Cares for the environment by efficiently utilizing our resources, property, supplies, and equipment.
RESPECT: Shows concern for individuals by patience and a friendly manner. Upholds a positive attitude. Maintains confidentiality for themselves and others.
TEAMWORK: Acts as a team player by reporting for work as scheduled and is dependable and flexible. Maintains open communication and works with others in a spirit of trust and collaboration. Uses good judgment to arrive at decisions that are in the best interest of all.