Home » Join Us » Employment
Join Our Team!
To apply for available positions below, e-mail your resume and a completed application (click on PDF below) to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, PO Box 711, Villa Maria, PA 16155
Compensation and benefits packages may vary by job type, full-time or part-time status and SHM organization, but all include these basic components:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Eligible for Diocese of Youngstown Federal Credit Union
Sisters of the Humility of Mary Employees’ Core Values
HOSPITALITY: Approaches sisters, apartment residents, guests and employees with an attitude of welcome. Offers service with generosity and a sincere desire to be of assistance. Recognizes needs of individuals and takes the initiative in responding to them.
EXCELLENCE: Uses knowledge and expertise to provide quality service according to established timelines. Organizes work and functions in an accountable manner and offers suggestions for improvement. Demonstrates confidence and competence in fulfilling responsibilities.
APPRECIATION: Affirms others through a compassionate spirit and upholding the dignity of each. Cares for the environment by efficiently utilizing our resources, property, supplies, and equipment.
RESPECT: Shows concern for individuals by patience and a friendly manner. Upholds a positive attitude. Maintains confidentiality for themselves and others.
TEAMWORK: Acts as a team player by reporting for work as scheduled and is dependable and flexible. Maintains open communication and works with others in a spirit of trust and collaboration. Uses good judgment to arrive at decisions that are in the best interest of all.
The Sisters of the Humility of Mary are seeking an energetic individual to assist the Director of Land Management with the overall operation and maintenance of the Villa Maria Farm and its property.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Works with personnel during seasonal or peak periods of high labor demands.
- Maintains filed records and a notebook for reference of past work.
Farm & Land
- Assists in planning and maintaining a crop rotation and implementing a conservation plan.
- Helps plant and harvest garden crops.
- Serves as land management department mechanic by adjusting, repairing, and maintaining equipment for crop production.
- Removes tree branches, rocks, and stones from planting areas to prevent equipment damage.
- Cuts, teds, rakes, bales, moves and stores hay.
- Assists with weeding, pruning, harvesting, grapevine control and planting when necessary.
- Assists with forestry-related projects.
- Mows fields that are fallow to prevent the spreading of weeds and saplings.
- Keeps roadways open to wooded areas for fire protection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists Director from time to time with non-related functions including nature trail maintenance, hosting farm tours, etc.
- Assists with greenhouse operations.
- Assists with produce production.
- Cuts firewood.
Education and/or Experience: Associate degree (Agricultural Science) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Independent Sister Health Care Nurse works under the direction of Director of Sister Care to coordinate healthcare services for the Sisters of the Humility of Mary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates healthcare practices safely within the scope of practice (RN or LPN) and other services as needed.
- Assist with scheduling appointments.
- Responds to the Sister’s care needs.
- Provides instructions related to medical needs.
- Organize/manage daily operations and other assignments.
- Assist residents on admission to Independent Living to establish physical, emotional, and cognitive needs.
- Updates individualized nursing care plans.
- Assists with administering physician-prescribed medications/treatments.
- Attends to minor medical needs.
- Accompany Sisters to appointments/procedures if needed.
- Visits sisters as needed.
- Utilizes Villa fleet (cars/van/bus) for transportation.
- Documents in EMR (Point Click Care).
- Prepares and transfers information in emergency situations.
- Assists house doctor and podiatrist as needed.
- Reorders medications for residents if needed.
- Identifies and documents adverse reactions to medicine, food, or environment.
- Notices changes in health status of residents and follows up as needed.
- Observes resident’s functional ability to perform independent Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs).
- Resolve minor daily problems and contribute to resolution of operational problems.
- Demonstrate safe practice in all areas of resident care services.
- Participates in on call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: Graduate of approved School of Practical Nursing or Registered Nursing. Knowledge in the field of Geriatrics is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current PA LPN or RN license; BLS (CPR) Certification; Current Driver’s License
$2,500 sign-on bonus available for full-time positions after 6 months of good standing with the organization. We are looking for compassionate RNs, LPNs, and Nursing Assistants who will thrive in a person-centered care environment while providing 24-hour health care. Depending on position, duties include assessing, developing, and implementing individualized nursing care plans, assisting our Sisters with various activities of daily living, and providing personal care. Candidates must hold a PA license as an RN or LPN. Candidates for CNA must have achieved certification in PA. Must be willing to work all shifts as needed. Full-time, part-time, and per diem positions available.