Full-Time Independent Health Care Nurse
The Independent Sister Health Care Nurse works under the direction of Director of Sister Care to coordinate healthcare services for the Sisters of the Humility of Mary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates healthcare practices safely within the scope of practice (RN or LPN) and other services as needed.
- Assist with scheduling appointments.
- Responds to the Sister’s care needs.
- Provides instructions related to medical needs.
- Organize/manage daily operations and other assignments.
- Assist residents on admission to Independent Living to establish physical, emotional, and cognitive needs.
- Updates individualized nursing care plans.
- Assists with administering physician-prescribed medications/treatments.
- Attends to minor medical needs.
- Accompany Sisters to appointments/procedures if needed.
- Visits sisters as needed.
- Utilizes Villa fleet (cars/van/bus) for transportation.
- Documents in EMR (Point Click Care).
- Prepares and transfers information in emergency situations.
- Assists house doctor and podiatrist as needed.
- Reorders medications for residents if needed.
- Identifies and documents adverse reactions to medicine, food, or environment.
- Notices changes in health status of residents and follows up as needed.
- Observes resident’s functional ability to perform independent Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs).
- Resolve minor daily problems and contribute to resolution of operational problems.
- Demonstrate safe practice in all areas of resident care services.
- Participates in on call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: Graduate of approved School of Practical Nursing or Registered Nursing. Knowledge in the field of Geriatrics is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current PA LPN or RN license; BLS (CPR) Certification; Current Driver’s License