HM Volunteers have been of service for over 25 years with a mission to bring more abundant life wherever we serve. We seek to encourage young adults who are interested in an opportunity to live out their faith in hope for others. Pope Francis in a Vatican Radio broadcast in August 2013 addressed youth saying “…you have in your heart a promise of hope. You are bearers of hope..” The experience of HM Volunteers and how they touch the lives of those they serve tells us much about what it is to bring about hope today.
- HM Volunteer Service strives to bring more abundant life to people in need through education, outreach to immigrant families, legal aid and advocacy for migrant workers, and farming on the Villa Farm.
- The HM Volunteer program is for young adults 18-25 who are seeking a short-term to a year commitment to serve in community.
- Current opening available
Positions with Cleveland Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services involves teaching English as a Second Language, advocating for and mentoring children, helping women and their families navigate health, education and other systems as new arrivals, assisting with health issues and transportation to appointments, and being part of a team of HM Volunteers dedicated to MRS service to refugees. (3-4 positions open). To apply: www.hmvolunteerservice.org
- Summer volunteer experiences are available at the Villa and are always welcomed for the Villa Farm.
- Seasonal volunteers are always welcomed to help with our annual Harvest Day and Nativity Display
For more information contact:
Sr. Mary Stanco, HM
Director, HM Volunteer Service
Check out our website for more information: www.hmvolunteerservice.org